From the Senior Partner – April 2021 Edition
Boy oh boy has April been busy, especially the last half of the month. Back in January, I said that my words for 2021 were strategy and execution. Both of those words definitely were operationalized in the month of April.
On the family front, my wife Natasha and I decided…well, she decided and I decided to follow her lead, to add a bit of paint to the interior of our house. Who am I kidding, a lot of paint. She has been plotting and planning this since we moved in back in 2013. Trying to work from home, manage a 1st grader attending school virtually, and navigating painters has not been easy. At night, we were moving things from room to room to stay one step ahead of our painters. And I should have a personalized parking spot at the Home Depot off Cascade for the number of times I went there.
On the business front, the men of the BMEsTalk Leadership Lab continue to elevate our workshops. I have built a powerful not-so-typical professional learning community. One that centers around affirming our race, presence and purpose as professional educators.
Watch this video to stay up to date.
- Blog of the Month
- Podcast of the Month
May 2021 Speaking Engagements
- May 13th – Univ of Central Arkansas first ever Centering Equity Conference
- Topic: Brave Space Building
- May 16th – The 3rd Annual BOND Academy
- Topic: Moderating a panel of Black men who lead organizations committed to recruiting and retain Black Male Educators
- May thru June – United Way Greater Atlanta, 21 days of Racial Equity